Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mar Yvette Talks about Art




From MarPop:
I’m no art critic, but I know when I like something, and artist Christopher Jules White’s  richly hued, visually multi-textural photo collages are just the kind of thing that remind me not all contemporary art is graffiti and debris.
The official word on the artist’s Los Angeles debut, “Perspective in Motion,” is that the collection of collages and paintings “explores the intersections of vivid color, light and form.” I say they’re just really cool Hockney-esque works of art that make me want to keep looking. (The inspiration is no surprise: White’s father, novelist James White, is a good friend of David Hockney.)
“I use images and colors instead of words when I express myself because both have different capacities than words do,” says White. “I am affected by light which alters color and form and allows me to see something in an individual way.”

- Mar Yvette 

No comments:

Post a Comment